Just 2 more things to ID, today sorry.

saitoking

Reefing newb
These are very small mushrooms but I can't seem to find them to ID them. They are about 1/4inch and seem to be multiplying. 2nd looks like a Tunicate but the shape looks different. It's about 1/2 inch and looks like a taco. Thanks for everyone's help saitoking

Attachments

• IMGP7927 (800x589).jpg
    IMGP7927 (800x589).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 478
  • IMGP7930 (800x532).jpg
    IMGP7930 (800x532).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 464
I will try to post a better picture. It can't be a snail unless it's dead because it doesn't move. Button polyps, they will probably die because I am not running enough light for polyps? Mainly a FOWLR tank. Was on some LR. The light is a 48 inch Aqueon Modular LED with 3 X 29 1 watt LEDs . Thanks saitoking

The button polyps might do OK with the low light. They don't require high amounts of light. If you could, I would move them as high up as possible, and spot feed them some small chunks of food when you do feed your fish.

You also have the option of trying to sell the rock on craigslist. Someone local might want some polyps.

Here is a better picture of the 2nd thing that thought was a tunicate. It looks like it has a tube at the top of it. Thanks BJ I don't mind having some inverts and I do have it about 6 inches from the top. I will try to feed them and see how they do. Thanks saitoking

Attachments

• IMGP7954 (1024x694).jpg
    IMGP7954 (1024x694).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
I have a couple rocks (approx 7" diameter) that are 100% covered with these bleached button polyps. What would be a fair craigslist price?

The button polyps might do OK with the low light. They don't require high amounts of light. If you could, I would move them as high up as possible, and spot feed them some small chunks of food when you do feed your fish.

You also have the option of trying to sell the rock on craigslist. Someone local might want some polyps.

Been 3 weeks or so and they are doing fine. I think they are multiplying. Thanks saitoking

Attachments

• DSCF9308 (1024x769).jpg
    DSCF9308 (1024x769).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Update on my polyps

Had my polyps on some LR for a little over 4 months now they are doing well and growing. saitoking

Attachments

• IMGP9794 (1024x680).jpg
    IMGP9794 (1024x680).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 313
about the second, unidentified creature...or possibly ex-critter....is it hard or soft, does it ever swell up or shrink down. What does it do at night after everything is dark?

Inquiring minds want to know....but seriously those answers wouold help with ID....

Back