just bought a coral, strange slug-like looking thing on it

You should get in the habit of buying and using some sort of dip, be it Lugols, or whatever. Dip every coral, every time. ALWAYS!

We called the store and she actually described almost exactly what it looked like and said it is no harm to the coral and it is related to snails. That it would clean algae if anything. Not sure what to do now.
Well I mean it certainly wouldnt be a large leap logically for a nudibranch/slug to be related to snails. However I am wondering if the LFS doesnt really want it back in the store. However I do know that some of your soft coral wont be safe because they eat it.

I have a feeling that your lfs doesnt really know what they are talking about, i personally have never seen a snail that looks like that. They also are not going to want a coral back that might have a pest on it.

Just keep and eye on stuff.

Also nudibranches are shell-less snails.

Agreed about the LFS, however they have a beautiful store and the original lady that helps me there was not there yesterday. She is extremely helpful and knowledgeable, but the girl working yesterday and today is not so sharp it appears. Can I still dip the coral? I am almost positive that this thing in the coral is on it still, there is a hole it burrowed into in the coral rock.

if you don't have any coral dip, you can do a RO dip. Just get a container, fill it with fresh RO water, and dip the coral in it. Shake it gently from side to side to get the water into it.
Do this for about 30-45 seconds. Pull it out and rinse it in some tank water (not in your tank).

Back