Just bought a Current Nova Extreme Pro Saltwater Fixture

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Just bought a 48" Current Nova Extreme Pro Saltwater Fixture. 6x54

I know some of you own one so what do you have to say about it. I asked if it was the HO version but I guess the 6 bulb which is what I got is the HO and it just isn't in the title of the item on the website because she said oh yeah it is the HO after she was ordering it.

I got it here. Aquarium Lighting for Reef Systems: Current Nova Extreme Pro Saltwater T-5 Fixtures

I am replacing my Aquaticlife 4x54 with moon lights. Will it be a big deal to not have the LED Moon lights?

Also I am guessing my tank will look a lot better and feel better for the inhabitants. I just measured the tank and it is exactly 24" to the bottom from the waterline.

I saw someone selling LED strops for $75 for 2 of them that cost $150 each new so like 1/4 the cost and was thinking of trying to use them with this.

I just don't know how important moon lights are.

Also it says it has 2 controls for Dusk and Dawn but I was thinking I would have all 3 White and all 3 Blue on at the same time. I mean if you need a certain amounts of watts I would guess they have to all be on to get it anyway.

Thanks for the comments.

Moon lights are just for our viewing pleasure, they have no critical function.

But the dawn/dusk thing means you turn on the blue bulbs before the white ones to mimic "dawn" and then they stay on later than the white bulbs to mimic "dusk".

On the site for Current or should I say instructions is says

"Ensure that fixture is placed on
a tank with a glass lens as it is NOT DESIGNED for open top tanks."

Well I am not about to put the glass tops on my tank so I don't know what to say.

Read one dude said the manufacturer told him to take the tops off so whats up with that.

Ok cool. I figured that was the way.

I am pretty excited to get the new lights but I am going to keep my Aquaticlife system for backup.

I was going to sell it but if for any reason the Nova breaks I will have a light ready.

Back