Just found a great deal but would need to move

Looks like just a few blue/green chromis, blue hippo tang, and a naso tang. With just 1 LR and that little sand, you should have no problem moving them.

Get a couple of 35 gallon containers and get some salt water a day or two mixed before you go pick up your the tank. When you have everything home, whatever on the tank wall should have died off. Give it a good wash with just tap water. Then rinse it a bit with salt water. Put everything in and you should be good to go.

So jealous right now, I would make that tank one way or another! even if it would cycle or if i had to overload my 40 and 60g until this tank was cyclced! congratz!

Yeah, if you can. That way if there's going to be a mini-cycle from the die off on the rock, you can avoid exposing your animals to it.

So it's all confirmed:^:

picking everything up not this weekend but the following.

Just need to get an RODI unit before then too!

Man life is going my way these days. Finished school finally, got a fantastic, fun and well paying job, love the place i'm living in, bought a brand new jeep and now i'm getting pretty much my dream setup on the cheap.

Man life is going my way these days. Finished school finally, got a fantastic, fun and well paying job, love the place i'm living in, bought a brand new jeep and now i'm getting pretty much my dream setup on the cheap.

How about you send some of that sunshine my way!! :mrgreen:

How about you send some of that sunshine my way!! :mrgreen:

Done! :happysun:

If i were to refinish the stand exterior would it be near impossible to do with the tank set up? I realize i couldn't move it, but if it's set up off the wall a bit so i had 360 degree access? I know some people won't even use cleaner on the exterior of the glass even if they spray it on the cloth no where near the tank.

Canopy i'd obviously do no where near the tank and leave it to dry elsewhere

Thinking about this and it already seems like a horrible idea :chicken: so i probably won't bother but maybe someone else has had experience?

Also,

I'm looking at positioning this sideways between my dining room and living room to create kind of a wall as i think it would like pretty neat.

I understand stocking will be a bit more of a pain since you need to spread the life out a bit more to make it attractive from all sides. Also i can see the tank has 2 corner overflows... do you think that will look silly being out in the open?

One of the short sides would be against a wall next to an outlet so i wouldnt need cords running all over the place but just wondering if anyone has any experience with the pros or cons of not having it in the traditional back against the wall setup?

I think it's very doable for a big tank like that -- but you have to think about where the cords for your powerheads and stuff will go -- will they be hanging outside of the tank on either side?

I can't remember if it comes with a canopy or not. If it does, that would hide your cords.

Your aquascaping would be different, since you wouldn't want rock stacked against the walls.

Also,

I'm looking at positioning this sideways between my dining room and living room to create kind of a wall as i think it would like pretty neat.

I understand stocking will be a bit more of a pain since you need to spread the life out a bit more to make it attractive from all sides. Also i can see the tank has 2 corner overflows... do you think that will look silly being out in the open?

One of the short sides would be against a wall next to an outlet so i wouldnt need cords running all over the place but just wondering if anyone has any experience with the pros or cons of not having it in the traditional back against the wall setup?

What you are wanting is a peninsula.Most of the ones I've seen is where the overflow was on the wall side or the overflow was in the middle(not against the glass).I would at least paint the area behind the overflows to hide the standpipes.The con is having more glass to clean because most people never touch the back glass,some don't even clean the side glass.This can be a pro or con but there is more places to put corals since it's viewable on three sides.My system is an island,viewable on all four sides with a oveflow in the center of the bottom glass,not against the glass.

yup comes with a canopy although i might need to extend the cords since i don't know if they would be long enough to travel all six feet along the top of the tank and then down to an outlet.

cleaning the extra glass isn't too big of a deal, my biggest concern was the overflows looking silly. Since i can't get the tank for another week and a bit all i can do is dream about how i'm going to set it up :P

Back