Just getting started....too many questions!!

welcome...funny nickname..you know that in the 80s i was like 8y old i got a rubixs cube for birthday gift..i think that traumatized my life...still today i cant put all the colors together..the only way i tryed to do it was dissasembling it, like a puzzle..but its almost impossible to put on the last block..frustrating..i dont know why mom did that..she could gave me a bike..i wanted baddly that bike..i could become a murderer, child abuser, even a taxi driver..i hate you rubix cube..i hate you...

Alright Doc Rigo.
I think I busted a rib over that one.:mrgreen:

Welcome to the reef, I am fairly new here too but have posted a bit. This is the best forum I have been on so far and peeps are really helpful.. Enjoy....

It will take a bit, but the cloudiness will eventually dissipate. you can speed it up by using a fine filter medium to remove the fine particles, but, do not expect a crystal clear water collum until your system begins to mature a bit (samd bed is inoculated, bacteria is established, cycle is somewhat completed. (say a couple months or so, if not sooner.) at this point dont worry bout it and just go with the flow and give it some time. (mine took almost 3 months to clear with no prewash and aragonite substrait). welcome and good luck with your system. I hope your time here at living reefs is an enjoyable one and a good source of information. since the hobby is full of opinions, and conflicts, all of which work for those giving the information, when a conflict in information is at hand you will need to decide who you want to go with and stay with that person and their techniques. This will make it easier for you to decipher what to do, although, you may very well be able to pull form various opinions and use the best for your specific need just as well. congrats on entering a very rewarding hobby. Have fun and be patient. For your general reef questions you can post in the general forums listed on the main screen depending on what the nature of the question is. If I can be of any help just send me a private message or e-mail. you can click on the persons name and you will be directed to that persons home page and you can select from that point how you want to contact, that is if you do not get a window with selections once clicking on the individuals name. ok enough for now. again welcome and good luck with your system.

Back