Just got a Trumpet

when i had a trumpet frag, for the life of me i couldnt keep it happy... it died, i have good water conditions and all... ive just had bad luck with them i guess

:mrgreen:

Fun corals. Easy to please. Under the right conditions they will grow a new polyp every 2-4 weeks. I keep mine low on the bottom under T5 in the display. In the frag tank they are under PC lights and closer to the top. I feed mysis and other frozen foods with a turkey baster.

Attachments

• IMG_2607.jpg
    IMG_2607.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 260
What color trumpets are they? I have brown ones with green centers that NEVER have opened, not once in 5 years. On the other hand, the pale blue, pink and green ones seem to open a lot more readily.

Congrats,super easy LPS coral.Feeding them when the lights are out and the feeder tentacles exposed will make them multiply even faster.Otherwise no feeding is necessary.

Just got a Trumpet without really knowing much about --yes, it looked cool and gave in. Advice?

Hehehe. When I read the title of your thread, I thought to myself...that's strange to list new musical instruments on the living reef site. Then I opened the thread. Wow, do I have a lot to learn! lol :compute:

What color trumpets are they? I have brown ones with green centers that NEVER have opened, not once in 5 years. On the other hand, the pale blue, pink and green ones seem to open a lot more readily.

Mine are neon blue and it looks like they may never open also. They do seem to be eating. It seems with most of my corals, that the zooxanthellae keeps them alive but only meat will make them grow.

Hehehe. When I read the title of your thread, I thought to myself...that's strange to list new musical instruments on the living reef site. Then I opened the thread. Wow, do I have a lot to learn! lol :compute:

Funny, I thought the same thing. I was going to ask Brass or Silver? ;)

i just got a nice frag from my father-in-law so now i have two different colored ones. they are one of the only lps that does good in my tank

Back