Just got my Current Nova Pro with 12K's?

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I just got my brand new Current Nova Pro HO 6x54 today from FedEx that I bought from Dr. Fosters and Smith.

I was siked to see it outside my house.

So I put it all together and plug it in to test it before I mount it to make sure it all worked.

If you look at the picture you will see on the very bottom right a dark spot on the white bulb. That is the bad spot, I have actually watched the light turn off and back on just now sitting here.

They are sending me a new light right now. I called them and they were like ok and are sending it.

One thing to note is this. It says it comes with 3 10K white bulbs but it came with 3 12Ks. The light they are sending me is a 10K and told me that some manufacturers are putting 12Ks in them even though they are advertised with 10K.

The also told me that I should be using the 10Ks with saltwater and not 12Ks.

Anyone know what to say on that. Uh there it just went off and on again.

I did try to suggest they send me 3 10ks like I should have gotten but I may email Current to ask.

Will it be a big deal with 2 12Ks and one 10K.

I have spare 2 blue and 2 whites from my Aquaticlife 4x54 unit just sitting there but I might as well just wait a few days for the new bulb I guess.

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
WOW! i just sent Current an email and they called me back in like 20 minutes.

Now that is Customer Service that is TOPS!!!!.

They said they have been using 12K for about a year in the lights and they found these TrueLumen bulbs to be really good and are sending me the correct 12K replacement bulb.

I have to say they kick arse for me.

+1 Reef...the 12k is just a tad bit bluer than 10k, which is what I prefer...congrats on the new fixture, and that's good to hear that both companies are working in your favor.

Back