Just got my hanna checker phosphate

HeavyHittah

LivingReefs is like home
And my water tested 0.0. I tested my tap water (well water) and it tested 0.09. So that told me it wasn't broke and i performed it right. I have been experiencing sluggish growth with my zoas and favia. And I'm confident its because my water is too clean. I turned off my gfo before I went to work yesterday, came home and my shrooms were extremely happy. Will phosphates raise on their own, or can I add something to bring it up to 0.03? I also how often should I test phosphate, once a week?

Other parameters are:
Sg: 1.025(refrac)
Ph: 7.8-8(api)
amm: 0(api)
trite: 0(api)
Trate: 20(api) *you know how matching colors are
Ca: 415-420(red sea pro)
Alk: 9.8(rsp)
Mg: 1290(rsp)

Just doing water changes will slowly raise the phosphates over time, also the fish poop and other waste will also allow the phosphates levels to raise.

Yes, never underestimate the power of fish poop. It provides nutrients (amino acids, proteins etc) for your corals that cant be found in the newly made saltwater.

I would add a clown or a cardinal

OK. I had a clown in this tank once before. I loved that little dude. Came home one day and found him on the floor. I was pissed, never added another fish after that. Going to the lfs today anyways, looking for a 40b. I'll see what they got.

So what phosphate levels are best for zoas and lps. I only have two sps in my tank. Tested PO today and got 0.09. I tested my tap and got 0.04. If i run my gfo it seems to work too fast and takes me down to 0. Boy I can't wait to switch over to my 40b. Things are just making confused with this 10g.

Back