Just got some *NEW* Branch/stony corals (Can you Identify) PICTURES?

superior

Reefing newb
I just got these corals about 1 week ago. I'm not sure what they are called, can you identify them. Also any tips on these corals would be great (lighting, flow, food, growth-rate, etc...) Thank you! Click on pictures to enlarge photos

CORAL#1 (Really cool looking fuzzy frag - Looks like it's happy after 1 week in my tank - Click to enlarge details)

CORAL#2

CORAL#3 (Large zoo colony but what type they are purple blue with a white ring?)

CORAL#4 The small purple one

:D

The pics are pretty small and hard to say exactly, but....
1- montipora digitata
2- seriatopora.sp - birdsnest coral
3- zoanthids - name? how about Superior blue/purple with white ring ;)
4- corallimorpharians - mushroom coral

The pics are pretty small and hard to say exactly, but....
1- montipora digitata
2- seriatopora.sp - birdsnest coral
3- zoanthids - name? how about Superior blue/purple with white ring ;)
4- corallimorpharians - mushroom coral

THANKS!!! Any idea on the growth rate of these? and fequency of feeding?

PS: I like the Superior Blue/Purple with white ring idea! :mrgreen:

Oh, the last one that is purple is not a mushroom at all. It's deep purple and has a rubbery texture. I have mushrooms in my tank and they open and close during the light cycles. This one does not open or close. Maybe it's some type of rubbery purple sponge? I'm not sure?

That last pic could be some type of sponge.Its hard to tell.
No need to worry about feeding those.They'll get what they need from the lights and the water.
On the growth rates,That depends on the tank,how stable the water conditions are,and how much luck you have.:D

Don;t worry about feeding those, they will get most of their food from bright lighting (the SPS) and filtering planktons and such from the water. Nice frags!

Back