Just got the reef octo extreme and it's HUGE

kmart189

Reefing newb
This thing doesn't even compare with my little hob via aqua this thing is a skimmer. I recieved it yesterday and I stayed up late setting it up with a newly made sump. I have a couple of questions 1. What do you use if you have to raise the skimmer out of the water it is in 12" and I know it should only be 8-10. 2. When adjusting I am also aware that these are supposed to take about a month to brake in do you recommend keeping the top of the foam a little bit lower so it doesn't take off and go crazy (what level):bounce::bounce::bounce:? Im pretty excited about this thing it barely fit under my stand to get it in and I had a little bit of a rocky time installing it. I cut my finger on a piece of glass and started bleeding all over the place:frustrat: then the stupid uv sterilizer has one of those heavy voltage regulator things on it and it bumped the piece of glass that is oh I meant was there for holding the light up and it fell in the water while it was on I think it will be alright though since 1/2 bulbs still works:shock:.

I built a little platform for my skimmer. I used a piece of eggcrate for the platform and pvc pipe for the legs.

ato3_5-09.jpg

nice I don't really have a lot of room in with my skimmer I made it tight so I would have room for other stuff, but that could work thanks for the pics to. Isn't that bassically an older version of my oct. ext? How do you like it?

Back