Just got this from LFS, What kind of Anemones is it?

sailsup

Reefing newb
Just got this from LFS, What kind of Anemones is it? My Camera does NOT do it justice..... It is beautiful!! The stripes just POP with diffenition!!!!!
I am thinking it is some sort of flower anemones....

Attachments

• DSC00549.JPG
    DSC00549.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 959
  • DSC00548.JPG
    DSC00548.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 682
It looks like a LTA to me. They aren't a rock dwelling anemone, it should be placed in a sandbed at least 3" deep.

It looks like a LTA to me. They aren't a rock dwelling anemone, it should be placed in a sandbed at least 3" deep.
Not an LTA, that I am sure of, was monitoring it for the past two weeks at the LFS prior to buying. It has rested in thsi place on its own.

Nems aren't supposed to be white. If they don't have color, then they have expelled their symbiotic algae and will need to be fed until it starts growing back.

White = bleached. There is no such thing as a healthy white anemone. Like BJ said, you will have to feed it manually as it cannot produce food for itself from the light until it gets its natural color back.

Return it to the store! Get your money back. It'll nuke your tank, nems are hard to keep, especially unhealthy ones in new tanks. They need perfect water, great lighting...
You don't want to risk your tank on this one...

yep. nems need SUPER lighting. and feeding by "hand" sometimes. never had a sick one so couldnt tell ya about how often to feed. sorry dude

WOW !!!!!!! Thanks everyone...... I think.
here are more pics.
I fed it this morning, a piece of langosta tail, it gobbled it down, was quite cool to watch.
Here are some pics after it was done feeding, about 2 hours later

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 277
If your signature is still right a 29 gallon bio cube will not be big enough. I had one in my 120 and when it was fully open it was about 16" across. Trust me if it lives it will get to big.
DSC01140.jpg

Last edited:
Back