Just how long****

yote

In Memoriam
Can a mantis go unnoticed?
Yes its confirmed,I have another mantis.:shock:
I was feeding my fish and corals when right out from the rock came this bright red streak of lightening.It came right up to the tip of my sea squirt and started taking the mysis right out of it.Then before I could react,it shot right back into the rocks.
I've not heard the first click,for nearly a year now.Hadnt noticed and snails being killed.No fish missing.Hadnt added any rock in over 3 months.I watch the tank every night(lights on AND lights out).And had no idea.:grumble:
However I do know that I will not stand for a mantis in my reef.NO WAY IN HELL is it going to stay:death:

BUT,Like any good hunter.Im looking forward to the challenge and the hunt:helm2:

wow that is strange that you have not heard it. good hunting i bet it is going to be a big pain in the ass to get it out. have you ever thought about dynimite?

wow that is strange that you have not heard it. good hunting i bet it is going to be a big pain in the ass to get it out. have you ever thought about dynimite?

Yep,along with 12ga,archery,varmint rifle,you name it,I've thought of it:frustrat:

Mantis are great,in their own tank.
I kept one in my 30 for close to a year and loved watching him.I actually hand fed him quiet a few times.But snails didnt last long in there and he'd take fish when ever I give them to him.Damsels was his favorite.
But I traded him when I converted the 30 into a sump.

Mantis are great,in their own tank.
I kept one in my 30 for close to a year and loved watching him.I actually hand fed him quiet a few times.But snails didnt last long in there and he'd take fish when ever I give them to him.Damsels was his favorite.
But I traded him when I converted the 30 into a sump.

I would love a mantis, I have a 20g that would be perfect!

*reads up on how to get rid of mantis shrimp* I didn't know the buggers could be such a problem.

Good luck hunting Yote!Make sure you get the camo gear out.

I've read somewhere that not all mantis make the ''clicking'' or should I say ''thumping'' noise.

He was there and gone before I could notice anything except color and body shape.
Cgoodman,If I can catch him alive,You can have him if you'll pay shipping.

Hey Yote, Got some nice 44 magnum ammo just waiting for a hunt.

I was thinking more along the lines of 454 casull:mrgreen:

I have no idea which rock he's under.He came out from under the whole pile.
Plan on trying to get him to the sea squirt again tomorrow,where I'll have the food flowing into the back side of a trap.
We'll see,this dude seems like he's smart.

Yote we are going to need a new "instant classic" Yote hunting pic. Id go Rambo and get out the grenades.

Back