Just Live Rock

I've looked into this place recently. They have good prices and the free shipping is nice. I'll be anxious to see the feedback about them as well.

i thinking of going for it if i dont hear anything negative. i need live rock... they have it and at $2/lb and free shipping why the heck not. I just think there has to be a catch.

no returns but it is garenteed to arive alive. im going to go for it and let you know how it turns out. if all else fails i might have some good rock for the sump.

yeah i know right. what could be the worst possible thing that could go wrong? harmful chemicals? what could be in it? if it looks like crap i will just break it down and put it in the sump. i just need more of a bio filter.

for that price, even if it's pure crap, you could always boil the hell out of it and it'll make nice base rock.

They may be true but it helps if you ever get your rock. On the next page in Livingreef.com vendor review section you will see several peoples horror storys where they went to Paypal to get a refund.

Just my :twocents:

Hopefully you will have a good transaction with them

I m using Marcorocks.com for more rock on top of my 180lbs live rock. Order 50lbs of dry rock and 15lbs of nano/rubble which will be in Tomorrow. Would have been today but Fedex Truck broke down, $24 for shipping of 65lbs of rock to my door.

i just read the thread. only two people said they had a problem and that was posted in Aug last yr. may not have been a really good time for shipping the LR. idk. the site said they were ready to be shipped today and i had the option to overnight it. no one said anything about quality or anything in the thread though. i think people are just too quick to jump to conclusions. im not defending it by any means. if it is crap i will let everyone know and will be the first one too say dont buy from them. but i already received order confirmation. if i dont see any shipping by monday then i will know there is a prob. it only takes 3 days to fex ex a package from Florida to Tennessee. I know there are several people out there who are interested in JLR.com. I guess we wont know till we try. even if it takes 2 weeks im fine with it. it saved me $460 over my local store.

Last edited:
There are other threads for the life of me I cant find them now. I researched them and decided not to go with them due other peoples storys.

As for the price they are the best out there from what I have found which is why I looked at them originally. I do hope they come through and have cleaned up their act.

My problem is with online shopping I try to stay away from places that have gotten horrible reviews. I more care full with whom I shop with online. If a trusted site like this one says they have had good dealings then I am more willing to try someone out.

yeah, o well i guess well see. : ) then we will know. no worries though. i could use some interesting rocks to go out in the garden.

Hopefully you have some good luck with them. Let us know how you make out. When do you expect the rock to be delivered? Also, if you can take some pics of packaging and the rocks, that would be appreciated.

im going expect it around wed next week for a normal deilvery. like i said fex ex / ups usually takes 3 day from florida. depends on ho long it takes them to get it to the delivery service. im going to give them a call today and see if i can get some answers i will let you know how it goes

Back