Just Live Rock

thanks for the updates.. i am in need of some LR and am watching your post closely.

i wanted to get some from the other place listed on the previous page for this vendor but the shipping is way expensive and i dont have a airport near me either.

Last edited:
the only bad thing is that it has been in transit since last week. im not sure how much life is going to be left on it. the bacteria sould be fine but all the criters.... i dont know. i will probably have to pick it up tomorrow from fedex

i will put up some pics. it did come dry as a bone though and covered with sand. but, underneath was some LR. i dont think there will be many hitch hikers

IMG_1678.jpg

it is tough to see the color on them in the pics. it does have some green and purple. some macro algae and even SOME coraline on it. not much but some. very little. but i would say it is def. live. so for $4/lb you cant really beat that. its live, has coraline, free delivery. you may need a hammer and chisel to get it down to size though. mine came as one big piece and some rubble.

i am working on it right now as a matter of fact. coral and life looks the some. there wasnt that much to really die off on the rock so... but i will put some pics up after its done. im acctually pretty pleased with the rock. i can already see some coraline growth

Glad to hear it's working out in your favor. I opted to just buy some dry base rock and add to my tank. It will be live in a few months for a fraction of the cost. If I had more money and less patients I'd order some LR and be done with it.

yeah, i started with a lot of base rock. i just dont feel like waiting for any more to take place in my tank than i have to. plus i like the grabbag of life that comes with it

Rcchandler: Did you order the "premium decorator aquacultured live rock" or the "base aquacultured live rock". According to their website, the premium comes with lots of coralline. I like their prices and want to order but wondered which rock you received. If it's the premium and there was only a little coralline, I may just order the base instead.

I ordered the premium. there was no coraline, very little life on it at all. It was shipped covered in sand and very dry, i dont think much could live in that for long. However, it has gone through a yellow coraline growth period and is starting to purple up now after a month or so. Make sure you have a hammer and chisel. Mine came in one big 50 lb rock.

Back