Just ordered a whole bunch of high end zoas. :-)

cvcdrk

Reefing newb
I found a guy who has three huge frag tanks and only does high-end stuff.

I ordered a grinch montipora (bright green with orange polyps) and a bunch of high end zoas from him:

Super Saiyans
King Midas Gold
Whammin Watermelons
Pnoy Valentines
Goldylox (these are NUTS!)
PHE
Planet X
Rastas
Light Years (these are going to be my fave....and were most expensive. $95 for 2 polyps)
Uri's Black Hornets
Shell Shockers
Red Robins

Pics when they come in. The goal is to get these going so that I can frag them and sell them to support my reef budget. lol
Next stop will be a new light, too. Probably going with Reefbuilders' 120 degree optics.

$95 for two heads.....I can predict the future....swamie says never going to be in my tank....

I found a guy who has three huge frag tanks and only does high-end stuff.

I ordered a grinch montipora (bright green with orange polyps) and a bunch of high end zoas from him:

Super Saiyans
King Midas Gold
Whammin Watermelons
Pnoy Valentines
Goldylox (these are NUTS!)
PHE
Planet X
Rastas
Light Years (these are going to be my fave....and were most expensive. $95 for 2 polyps)
Uri's Black Hornets
Shell Shockers
Red Robins

Pics when they come in. The goal is to get these going so that I can frag them and sell them to support my reef budget. lol
Next stop will be a new light, too. Probably going with Reefbuilders' 120 degree optics.

pics please! Don't shoot the messenger but few have made a profit selling frags out of their tanks but certainly you can offset costs.

Dont tell Dennis anything. Especially since he has the tank of God and a budget similar to the national debt (only positive numbers, though.)

If I say where I got them then it wouldn't allow me to sell them to you guys later on. ;-)

Anyway, they will be here tomorrow. Being shipped overnight...already in transit. It's going to snow here tonight but they have a guarantee and are packed with heat packs so he's hoping for the best.

Some were expensive. Here's a preview of the Super Saiyans, though:
saiyansjpg.jpg

as soon as you mentioned grinch montipora and super saiyans in the same sentence, i knew who your "source" was then his photo you posted confirmed it.

he has an amazing collection but he's got the cheap stuff too as to fit anyone's budget. it's also a lot easier for him to cherry pick the good stuff since he works at store, haha. gotta have the connections or the patience i suppose. his rastas and goldusts are still my favorite.

i hope everything arrives healthy and well with minimal melting action going on. g'luck!

As do I! :-)

I visit various local fish stores on a semi-regular basis and never see the same beautiful colors as hobbyists tend to have on these forums. It's always fun to pick up some really great looking things when they come available.

frag selling is a great way to offset costs in this hobby! Some of my favorite corals are from swaps too.

I prefer swaps to sales generally....but I am not going to have a million frags this time, I want a few really nice pieces and I want to grow them waaay out....but there will be the frag tank.....

Back