Just ordered this for top offs and dosing

Well, here's a report on how this thing DIDN'T WORK!. I filled it up and set it up like the instructions said. Everything seemed to be working well, until I noticed that the water level in the containter was dropping very quickly. Turns out that the rubber gasket they used to attach the water spout was leaking badly. It leaked about 3 gals of water w/ pickling lime all over. I was pi$$ed!

So I called Marine Depot to start the return process. The woman on the phone was very nice and offered to give me full credit back immediatly. Then she dropped the bomb on me. She said that Marine Depot expects the customer to pay return shipping costs and will not be compensated for them. Well I had about flipped a lid on this lady. I could not believe they expected me to pay for shipping on a defective product and it's their own house brand product. I got on the phone with a manager and ripped him apart. In the end they emailed me a prepaid shipping label. Beware if you have to ever return something to them. Don't take their crap! :pooh:

Well, here's a report on how this thing DIDN'T WORK!. I filled it up and set it up like the instructions said. Everything seemed to be working well, until I noticed that the water level in the containter was dropping very quickly. Turns out that the rubber gasket they used to attach the water spout was leaking badly. It leaked about 3 gals of water w/ pickling lime all over. I was pi$$ed!

So I called Marine Depot to start the return process. The woman on the phone was very nice and offered to give me full credit back immediatly. Then she dropped the bomb on me. She said that Marine Depot expects the customer to pay return shipping costs and will not be compensated for them. Well I had about flipped a lid on this lady. I could not believe they expected me to pay for shipping on a defective product and it's their own house brand product. I got on the phone with a manager and ripped him apart. In the end they emailed me a prepaid shipping label. Beware if you have to ever return something to them. Don't take their crap! :pooh:

Good to know. My first one had a leaky spout as well, but I did an exchange and there wasn't an issue with the process. The second one worked fine. Be sure to leave feedback under the item description on the website and mention the c/s issue you experienced as well.

I knew there was a leak potential because a few other people had mentioned it in the item reviews.

Glad you caught the leak!

Good thing you tested this before you left out of town. Never try a new device without giving yourself plenty of time to see if it works like it's supposed to.

Hubby ordered a couple of float switches (came from China...but twas dirt cheap! Overall, I think he paid $5 plus shipping for 2 of them). Got a $10 dosing pump. Built the housing for the float switch, hooked it all up, and ran it for 2 months with no problems. The only thing I had to be mindful of was making sure the output line was above the level of the input line, otherwise it would keep on dosing the tank due to gravity. Weird. But easily fixed by just raising it above. At least I had room to tweak before the trip.

Back