Just received my ATO from autotopoff.com, need help

HeavyHittah

LivingReefs is like home
And I need some advice. Firstly this is for a 10g with no sump. As I understand with the double switch model one sensor is the main switch(lower sensor) and the other is the failsafe. I feel running it this way on my ten gallon the water level ends up being way too low because my water level will need to go low enough to make the bottom sensor drop. Right now my water level is at the black rim. The drop would be around 2 inches below the rim. So what I did was install both sensors at the same level using the top holes. Is this really a big concern? I hope you guys understand what I'm saying, lol

I just installed the same ATO on my 10 gallon a couple of days ago. I offset the lower sensor and the failsafe by 1 inch. You should be good putting them at the same level or offsetting them just a little.

I think I get what you're saying. I used the top holes for both of my sensors. So maybe I could off set them by 1/4 inch? I sure would like to see pictures of your setup

Ill try to get a pic up tonight... but i made my 10 gallon an all-in-one tank with a false wall so the water level only drops in the back chambers... you cant notice the water level drop in the main tank

It sounds like you got the wrong mount to run in the tank. I sounds like you got the sump mount. Are then one on top of the other or side by side? If side by side you just have to adjust until they are where you want them they could be even lest then a quarter of and inch in height setting. If the switches are on a skinny mount one on top of the other that is the mount for a sump. You can get the other mount from Autotopoff.com. Talk to them tell them you ordered the wrong mount because you didn't know the difference between the two and see what they say.

Haha. Yea I played witness to the gamecocks getting on a Gator fan. Lol. But even though Im not a fan/hater. I do take a lot of pride in the gamecocks enthusiasm. I like seeing everyone get all riled up. But pro ball gets the majority of my energy. Go Ravens!

Back