just some pictures

michelle

Reefing newb
a picture of my polyps. Since I got my new lights 21 are opening...
a picture of my condy anemone and a picture of my blenny.
100_2538.jpg

100_2540.jpg

100_2523.jpg

Happy New Year

ooh, while I have your attention though, my LR has pieces chipping off. First of all is that normal? good? bad? And it's making an awful mess of my substrate...do i just leave it or anyone have advice on how to clean it up for asthetic purposes?

Great shot of the blenny.

What do you mean by pieces chipping off?Dead coralline is flaking off or something.If its just debris than either leave it,bury it or siphon it out.Me,I just leave it.

The flaking might be coralline like reef said. Is the purple on the rocks turning white and falling off? I've had that happen when the coralline is exposed to air, it dies off.

Great pics Michelle.

Just leave the coralline flakes.Your water flow will eventually bury it in the sand.

You take some good pics. Everythin looks great, but the condy is bleached. What kind of lights did you add?

my lights are t-5's actinic, 10 k and 18 k...but thats the color of the anemone anyway. At least before the mishap. It seems a bit better again today though

i liked it enough to be thinking about it for my 125. I do like the purple tips of condis

-Doc

Back