"Just touching base.....

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
Haven't been on for a few weeks cause......nothing has happened. After my clown died, I figured I'd give the tank a good month to see if anything drastics would happen....So far all is well. I'm bringing a sample to lfs to see if his test show the same, but it looks like all is well. I want a new pair of clowns, but something different. Will any clown go in a 46? I noticed some breeds grow quite large. Other than that all is well, cept I still have this algae showing up on my sandbed........just like cyano, but bright green instead of red. Hope everyone is doing good!

You can keep pretty much any clown in a 46 gallon tank. They are territorial and usually keep to a very small, confined area in the tank.

I've always had an affinity for skunk clowns. Why not a pair of those? But I do like my pair of tomatoes, plain as they are. They are sweeties.

I believe your system is big enough for any clowns.How about a mated pair of gold stripe maroon clownfish?They do grow up to 6'' but would take 10 years or more to get there.

Welcome back!

I was thinking of the gold maroons, I love em, and they're big.....eventually...lol. I feel sorry for shampoo though, gotta find a new home for him

with the tank your size the maroons would be fine. I have a pair of clarkiis in my 34 g now along with a sixline and chromis and they do great! They sleep together on the bottom of the tank every night

i have a True Perc and a B/W True Perc and they are inseperable. The B/W always follows the other around, even when they sleep.

Back