just wondering what a few things were called

Pwny

Reefing newb
IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

still new to sw but i know top one is some kind of polyp and i think the outher is some kind of leather coral but i think its molting. anywho i dont really know but i was wondering if some1 new there proper names, they were on the rock when i got it.

#1 is palythoa -- a type of polyp.

#2 looks to be some sort of sponge. Two types of sponge actually, black sponge and spaghetti sponge.

i looked up speghetti and idk bout it, this when you look at it looks like the skin is pealing off the black thing not really growing on it. they reef safe?

If it's sponge, it's reef safe. I'm still not convinced it's sponge though... Do you see small holes in the surface of it?

aright im back with a few more pics
IMG_3696.jpg

this is the bottom part of it where it looks like it got riped in the move its white on the inside
IMG_3697.jpg

tryed to get a closer pic
IMG_3701.jpg

anouther kind of polyp i saw its tiny but 1/3rd from bottom its brown on outside green middle
IMG_3698.jpg

my gf wanted to know if this was a clam also

biff - i looked at it didt see any holes but its in a wird spot so cant get a great look at it

Last edited:
I don't know what the first couple pics are.If they aren't sponges then maybe decaying matter and the fungus that grows/feed on it.

Looks like another zoa or paly polyps.Does the mollusk shell open and close?It looks like just an empty shell embedded into the rocks,kinda like a fossil.

bworm.jpg

so i saw i have a Bristle worm just wondering if this is the bad kind or reef safe. sorry for bad pics they were off my phone

Back