just wondering

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
ok so today is my 7th day of cycling my parameters are same as yesterday

alkalinity-high (i dont quite get this do i need to pay importance to this one):question:

NO2- 0.2 ppm

NO3-(on the test it has two rangesr so yeah) Low Range 5.0ppm and High Range which is the one i go by is 25ppm

ammonia-(im confused here:shock:) it says 0 nada zip zero and i used both tests the strips and the marine lab liquid thingy shouldnt it be going up or is the LR keeping it down:11:

pH-8.4

and my salinity lvl is still the same 1.020 (exept today i go it up to 1.022

so is it good so far or...........:pooh:

but still no ammonia? isnt it suppose to rise

also does me using cured rock have anything to do with it

and also with my kind of lighting what kind of coral(just for future reference) will i be able to have
light is coralife lunar aqua light double deluxe 260Watt i know no hard corals or sps?
but what does that mean and what kind are those, pics of what i could have would greatly be appreciated

my coworker who has had a 125,90 and 75 sw's told me that under no circumstance should i add coral until ATLEAST 6months matture is this correct:sfish::question:

just be very patient and wait. trust me i know how you feel i just finish my cycle a month a go. you feel like everything your doing could be wrong or you missed something. the ammonia will rise but will be the last thing to rise and the last thingto hit 0. when it does hit 0, wait a day or two and test again. if still at 0 do a water change and your good. as for your lighting i see in your signature your not sure if it a 75 or 55. if its a 55 you have the same watts a me with 4.7 per galln. i was told you can get any coral with the right care of the water except clams. i could be wrong so dont qoute me. cured or uncured doesnt matter much. with cured all the hard work is done. have you put any fish food in the tank to help with the cycle?

You should be able to keep some, but not all corals. I would say no to clams, SPS and anemones with that lighting, but yes to softies, zoas, mushrooms and LPS.

You can add corals before 6 months. There are many hardy, easy corals that will do well a month or so after your tank has stabilized.

just be very patient and wait. trust me i know how you feel i just finish my cycle a month a go. you feel like everything your doing could be wrong or you missed something. the ammonia will rise but will be the last thing to rise and the last thingto hit 0. when it does hit 0, wait a day or two and test again. if still at 0 do a water change and your good. as for your lighting i see in your signature your not sure if it a 75 or 55. if its a 55 you have the same watts a me with 4.7 per galln. i was told you can get any coral with the right care of the water except clams. i could be wrong so dont qoute me. cured or uncured doesnt matter much. with cured all the hard work is done. have you put any fish food in the tank to help with the cycle?
yeah i didnt mean to confuse imean i have a 75SW which is the one im talking about and a 55tank that im not yet sure of what ill make it :helm2:

hey biff... are zoas all very hardy. i really like them but want to find some that are like electric blue. i just hate the brown colored ones. thats the only reason i like clams. my lfs always get thes cool blue clams. i know i cant with the lighting i have but if i can find zoas in that color ill be ok. what about brain corals. would they be ok for me or jcegt87????

Blue zoas exist, but can be hard to find and expensive, usually running around $10 per polyp in my LFS. If you really want some, you can get them online pretty easily. Most types of brain corals are pretty easy, hardy, good beginner corals.

I recommend using the Diver's Den at Liveaquaria.com if you want to find some odd electric zoanthids.Brain corals will be find with the lights you have.Stay with the soft and LPS corals with PC lighting.

Back