JWilson's 90 project

jwilson

Reefing newb
Summary: I'm doing a 90 gal 1st floor tank with basement sump and support equipment. Pretty much all equipment has been purchased but the project had to be mothballed. Now I'm restarting it. My goal is to create a mixed reef tank.

What I have:
Tank - 90 gal Oceanic Reef Ready, center overflow, no canopy
Skimmer - [URL="http://www.marinetechnical.com/page8.html"]Marine Technical Concepts, HSA 1000

Flow
Main return main return pump is Iwaki MD100 RLT, 35.6 max GPM, 23 gpm max calculated with control valve wide open = 1380 GPH or ~15 turns/hr
Aux - (3) Koralia 2 (600 GPH)
[/URL]Lights - 48" Outer Orbit, 2x 250W 10K HQI MH remote ballast, 2x54W 460 nm T5 HO, 2x54w 420nm T5 HO, 9 ea moon white and nocturnal blue LED
Control - Digital Aquatics, Reef Keeper 2, 8 channel
Temp - (1) 200W heater and (1) 125W heater, located in sump
Sump - 30 gal Berlin style, acrylic, 50 gal total capacity
Fuge - 20 gal long, for chaeto / pods
QT - 10 gal leader
Ti Grounding Rods
Kits - Elos PO4, NO3, CA, KH
Water - RO/DI (I forget how many GPD)
Salt - Marine Environment

I'll make sub posts on all the other ancillary stuff as I go so you all can comment and help me to refine the system along the way but that's the basics of what I have and what I'm planning to do.

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this so far and, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, I'll appreciate all of them.

Jim

Ha Ha Ha - you asked for it. I told you I'm just restarting so here are the pics ...of everything in storage still. Here is the tank (in the garage), the sump and skimmer station (the big box to the left is the lights), the fuge and QT tanks, ballasts, heaters, etc, and the RO/DI which is the only thing currently plumbed in.

I forgot to mention that I have a couple of big poly barrels for a FW holding and mixing station as well as a smaller poly tank for auto top-off to the sump.

So that's the current status. Hopefully I'll get some plumbing and electrical going this coming week.

Attachments

• DSC00380.JPG
    DSC00380.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC00381.JPG
    DSC00381.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC00382.jpg
    DSC00382.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC00383.JPG
    DSC00383.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 303
Thanks all. Here is the current schematic for the layout. I'll be doing some clean up of the area and some of the electrical work tonight - just running the circuits for the power and overhead lighting in the basement work area.

Attachments

• plumbing scematic rev 1.pdf
    25.8 KB · Views: 242
Back