Kalk Stirrer

Raymond

Reefing newb
Hello all, I have had my reef tank for eleven years, I have a 90 gallon, with a 15 gallon sump, I picked up a Avast marine kalk stirrer to start dosing Kalkwasser.. My ro system is a reef and home drinking water system, It is hooked up to a 15 gallon bladder type tank that feeds a solenoid to my ato. Alot of what I have been reading lately, is ro di should not be hooked up to a bladder tank because of tds creep. My tds has always been zero to 7, that's when I change the filters. Should I leave it hooked up that way.

Here is my next question, can I hook up my kalk stirrer to my ato, and use a ball valve to control the flow from the bladder tank to the kalk stirrer. Evaporated water would be replaced by the kalk stirrer 24/7. Sorry for the long post. And thank you for any help, or recomendations.

Should work. I find drawing off an ATO is a bit erratic in terms of how much kalk you are putting in.

I run a separate kalk stirrer (home made) and ATO. I use a dosing pump to draw from the kalk stirrer; that way, I know exactly how much calcium hydroxide i'm putting in. You can match this with what your system uses.

Thanks so much for your help, I used to dose with a bottle and IV style setup, that got old very fast. My tank looked great when I was dosing kalkwasser 24,7. Then I got lazy. I will look into a dosing pump on a timer, and match it up to the evaporation of my tank. It evaporates a gallon and a half a day. Thanks again for your help! And nice to meet you.

Back