Kati's 28 Gallon JBJ LED Nano

KatiB

Reefing newb
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Ok now I get to repost this again because I wiped the text when I added the pics. :frustrat:

It just isn't as much fun the 2nd time around. :(

New tank:

28 Gallon JBJ Nano with LED hood
20# Figi Pink sand
22# Live Rock
1 Koralia 1 Powerhead

Params after 24 hrs:

Amonia = 0
Nitrites - 0.25
pH = 7.7
KH = 10
Salinity = 1.026
Temp = 79

new-1.jpg

Lights off

new-3.jpg

Daylights On

Last edited:
Thanks. LFS has a couple pieces of LR I want, so I saved some room. Now to wait for payday. :)

And then the longer wait begins. LOL

I like the way your hood looks, does it have separate power cords for the three different LEDS? or are the Actinic and daylights on the same cord? Also, how's the heat in the tank? Mine has been having big swings during the day

I like the way your hood looks, does it have separate power cords for the three different LEDS? or are the Actinic and daylights on the same cord? Also, how's the heat in the tank? Mine has been having big swings during the day

My heat swings about 1-2 degree. (77-79) The lights are really great. I am glad we spent the extra and went with this over the HQI. I saw an HQI and the LED set up and I must say, I am really impressed with these LEDs.

All 3 cords are separate. I want to get timers for at least the Daylight and Antinic.

The LED was definitely out of my price range but, I really like the lighting setup in your hood. I'm getting big swings too, 78-84 degrees. Glad to hear yours is working out

The LED was definitely out of my price range but, I really like the lighting setup in your hood. I'm getting big swings too, 78-84 degrees. Glad to hear yours is working out

Honestly if I had been buying it it was out of mine as well. BF's been saving since Dec for my B'day though. :) (Was a surprise) And he is also the type to study, research, compare etc.... He put the HQI on layaway for a mo to make sure he got the package deal they had, but after reading about the heat, lights every 6-8 mo, electric consumption etc, and pricing it all....he decided this will pay for itself in a year or two. (Esp if I had to buy a chiller for it) So he called them and upgraded.

All that being said, my SW budget is GONE for a few weeks so it is a good thing this has to cycle! lol The LFS is under the impression I can afford "anything" and I had to nicely let them know that this was a one time blow out of cash. hehe .... The rest is gonna be slooooooooooooooooooow coming. Good thing that is what is beneficial to a reef tank huh? :D

Last edited:
Honestly if I had been buying it it was out of mine as well. BF's been saving since Dec for my B'day though. :) (Was a surprise) And he is also the type to study, research, compare etc.... He put the HQI on layaway for a mo to make sure he got the package deal they had, but after reading about the heat, lights every 6-8 mo, electric consumption etc, and pricing it all....he decided this will pay for itself in a year or two. (Esp if I had to buy a chiller for it) So he called them and upgraded.

All that being said, my SW budget is GONE for a few weeks so it is a good thing this has to cycle! lol The LFS is under the impression I can afford "anything" and I had to nicely let them know that this was a one time blow out of cash. hehe .... The rest is gonna be slooooooooooooooooooow coming. Good thing that is what is beneficial to a reef tank huh? :D

Looks great, and I understand the waiting game haha. I just really added any coral to my 40g and now I want so many more things!

And he is also the type to study, research, compare etc.... He put the HQI on layaway for a mo to make sure he got the package deal they had, but after reading about the heat, lights every 6-8 mo, electric consumption etc, and pricing it all....he decided this will pay for itself in a year or two. (Esp if I had to buy a chiller for it) So he called them and upgraded.

Sounds like your BF would do great in this forum because he researches and compares. If you were an impulsive buyer, he'd compliment you really well!

Sounds like your BF would do great in this forum because he researches and compares. If you were an impulsive buyer, he'd compliment you really well!

LOL Oh once he knows the ins and outs he can be as "impulsive" as anyone.

His cat keeps watching the tank. She knows there should be fish in there. hehe

Back