Kent salt

yote

In Memoriam
I know there are a few here that uses Kent salt in their tanks.
Has anybody tested a fresh batch? What was the PH,Calcium,and alkalinity?

I have been using it for a little over a month now and really like it. you don't have to dose a bunch of crap right out of the bucket. and everything stays stable. well worth the few extra bucks in my opinion.

I can get a 5 gallon bucket of it for 40 bucks.The same as I been paying for Oceanic.Guess I'll pick up a bucket this weekend.

I recently switched to reef crystals. I like it. It is the premium salt from instant ocean, i believe. How does that compare to Kent in your books?

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Its been a long time since I've use Reef Crystals.From what I remember,it was pretty good stuff,much better than IO.If I remember correctly,it was a little lower on calcium than the Kent.

I think any salt I use will get me lower on my calcium and Alk. I like 500 and 12 respectively and I don't think they make a salt to match those numbers.

Like Biff mentioned earlier about getting 450 for calcium.Thats what I've been getting with the Kent too.Pretty close to what you are looking for.What are you getting for calcium with the RC?

not sure, haven't tested it yet. I just switched during the move. The LFS has the 160 gallon jug on sale for $50. I will do some tank cleaning tomorrow and add another emerald crab - maybe a sand star too, since everyone here loved them :grumble:

Back