Kent Sea Salt?

chaosfinity

Got Kalk?
Does anyone here use kent sea salt? I was wondering how it is because i have 100 gallons of it and i didnt plan on using it but why not if its ok on levels. I use oceanic now and prolly have about 150g left of that. I thought i read that reeffreak uses it but i may be wrong... Lol why is it that i have this much salt AHH lol

I use it and after testing it a few times,it was spot on.
It has excellent magnesium levels which is another important element needed for coralline and hard corals.

Jhnrb uses it and Biff does too I think.

I'll be trying Kent salt myself.I got Oceanic for one more water change next week.Then a 5 gallon bucket full of Kent just waiting to be opened.

i've been using it for six months now. it's a great salt. I never have to dose anything before it goes into the tank.

i use to use Kent and it was great. now i have oceanic just because that is what the LFS has i am kinda stuck on what ever they get in. which is always changing.

The most comprehensive tests rated out Tropic Marin, Instant Ocean, and Kent Marine as the best choices based on trace element tests. There really are no significant major differences that matter among the major elements in the major brands of mixes. Some are higher in Calcium than others. There are problems with a high initial pH with Instant Ocean. These tests were subjective in there final analyis and were in general based on the premise that Natural Ocean Water is best.

i used a bag of kent once and i was not impressed with it. then i switched to seachem and loved it but now i am making the switch to tropic marin pro reef i have heard nothing but good things about it

:shock: I just posted a new thread to the articles section of the forum but all those articles must be reviewed before posting. It contains a wet web url with a gathering of the most recent large tests on marine salt mixes. Tests of major elements and trace elements. Kent was rated one of the top three, as was instant Ocean an Tropic Marine. A lot of people base what they think of a mix on calcium levels, pH and Alkalinity, but those are all readily adjustable. It is hard to deal with potentially toxic trace elements when they are at high levels when freshly mixed. The three above mentioned brands have the least amount of high levels to deal with, and the ones they have are considered less worrisome. Any way it goes it is good information to have so as to know what to expect from a mix and to now what not to blame on a mix. :twocents: I did give the URL on some other reply today but I do not remember which one. Sorry!

Back