kent's marine microvert? what do you think about it?

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
As you know I recently bought a flame scallop. I also bought kents microvert invertebrate food for fine filter feeders. Is this any good? Is there a product that's better out there? The bottled kind I prefer. Does it have enough nutritional value? Will my corals also benefit from it. I have mainly soft corals and a hammer and frogspawn. Is the microvert phytoplanktin? It says on the bottle for best results alternate with phytoplex, chromaplex and coral accel. Should I invest I'm these also? I don't want to dump a ton of crap in my tank if its not benefiting anything. I just took my water in to he tested after feeding the microvert everyday for a week to see if it was effecting my water quality and my water came out perfect. Just wanted to see what y'all think about this product before I think shit buying more.

I dont think its a bad product, but the really hard thing about the flame scallops is that they really only seem to eat the smallest of foods (around 50 microns or less my research has said), and i dont know of many products that have food particles that small. Getting those other products is really up to you. Nothing in your tank it sounds like really utilizes the tiny food particles besides the scallop.

I am new to the hobby so if I sound like a noob, please forgive me. I have a 100 gal reef/fish tank. I've been dosing my tank with Microvert and Kent Marine Zooplex/Phytoplex for the last 3 months every 4 days. All of my SPS and LPS are doing awesome.

Last edited:
Back