Kenya Tree Coral

Aquaholic

Reefing newb
Hey guys. I don't know if I'm just being impatient but I can't find much online about Kenya tree corals. I just got a frag today and it's completely bent over and limp.. Is this normal at first? Will it just take it a day or two to get comfortable in the new tank?

That is completely normal, may even take a week to adjust. Remember...unlike fish, corals need to adjust to the light as well. Dim your lights for a few days or start your coral off towards the bottom of the tank to let them adjust.

That is completely normal, may even take a week to adjust. Remember...unlike fish, corals need to adjust to the light as well. Dim your lights for a few days or start your coral off towards the bottom of the tank to let them adjust.

Thanks. It fully extended out the next day! Looks really happy I'm just impatient and over worry when things don't look good haha

keep an eye on that thing. depending on the type, those things shed branchlets to spread and you could end up with little started colonys all over your tank.

Yea I read about that, it actually kind of convinced me to get it. I'm good friends with my LFS store and I know I will give me some store credit with kenya tree frags that I bring in.

Also if you have certain damsels, they will "Farm" Kenya tree. Bowtie damsels do this, they will bite a chunk off the coral and place it somewhere else to grow a new coral :)

Back