Kenya tree in refugium

NewbReefer

Reefing newb
so i got my corals today, (camera is outta batteries so pics are gonna have to wait for a bit) and he sent an extra frag of a kenya tree, i think it is, (hasn't opened all the way yet) i've never been a huge fan of em and i dont want em taking over my DT so i was wondering how well it would do as a filter feeder in my copepod farm once i get it set up? has anyone heard of or seen this done?

It should work great in your fuge. They don't require a lot of light and are good nutrient exporters, so I'd say go for it.

BTW, I agree, that's a pretty crappy freebie to throw in. I'd be like, "WTF? A kenya tree? You call that a GIFT?!?!". Maybe that's just because this month NDB and I pruned my tank of kenyas and threw 3 lbs of the stuff in the trash. Now they've started to all grow back :(

Maybe it's not really a kenya tree at all, but another type of leather. That'd be cool if that was the case.

Believe me nothing can be worse then cyano. After water changes every other day for at least 8 weeks. I'll take weeds anyday.

my tank is being overran by them now. i would say i have a couple pounds of that crap at least piling up. its constant maintainence to get that crap out. i like my really big one. but thats all i want. its like aptasia, except i wont harm fish

will Kenya sting other corals? just wondering cause i had it within reaching distance of a GSP frag on my frag rack tell i decide what to do with it and my GSP closed up so i moved it away from it.

No sting but does chemical warfare though.As long as they aren't touching they should be okay.

On your earlier question,I've never heard of kenyas use for nutrient export.

Back