Kessil or Maxspect?

Cathic

Fish Wrangler
So with this post a few things I suppose, hello all once again, for starters. Secondly, I will be downgrading the 75 to a more space efficient tank for when I move. Which brings me to the first question.

This is mostly an opinions question, but I am looking at a 30 bowfront tank which is tall, and also a 45 tall standard tank. Thoughts?

Last, with this downgrade I will also be upgrading from my "budget friendly" lighting, which as served me well, to a more efficient unit energy and space. I was considering either the Kessil A360w led or the MaxSpect Mazarra led module. Thoughts?

Hello all once again, nice to be back at the reefs.

- Cathic

I have a Kessil A350 over my 60 cube and I LOVE it! I did a lot of research about coral growth under the Kessil LED before I purchased it. Great light.

Thanks everyone, I guess I didn't question the quality of the lights since I did do some research. MY main tear is that with the mazarra you get to control the dawn dusk etc while also tweaking the leds for color and output. Since they are essentially the same price is it worth it to get a programmable unit or does the kessil a360 series offer enough customization without being overly complicated like some modules are?

I'd also love to see your tank thread using the a360w as well.

You can completely control the kessils. Your going to need a apex controller for them to do dusk-dawn set up. It is a pricey set up but i dont know anyother bang for the buck

Thanks everyone, I guess I didn't question the quality of the lights since I did do some research. MY main tear is that with the mazarra you get to control the dawn dusk etc while also tweaking the leds for color and output. Since they are essentially the same price is it worth it to get a programmable unit or does the kessil a360 series offer enough customization without being overly complicated like some modules are?

I'd also love to see your tank thread using the a360w as well.

Please look in tank showcase under 72 bow. Page 2 or 3. I just installed on friday, look at the difference in my avitar and display picture

It works with others, reefangel is one I know for sure, but if you read on kessils website its compatible with multiple "popular controllers on the market".

Back