Kevdogg's 265g

My skimmer has been going nuts since last thursday. It went flat on tuesday, the only thing that I added was to soak some food in Angelixer. If it hasn't settled down by friday I think I'm going to need to do a massive water change.

Starting to think about what type of fish to add next. I'm thinking that I want to get a school of something? Maybe some more damsels 5-6 might be good. Any other ideas that might be able to hold their own against my angels?

Is your skimmer still not foaming?? I use AngeLixir soak everyday and never noticed a problem like that. Sometimes my skimmer foams less than usual, especially after I just did water changes two weekends in a row in the 180g, but its been a week since the last change and its back to foaming like normal.

How about Blue/Green Chromis. I have 7 in my tank and nobody really even pays attention to them. I think they'd be ok with your angels.

By the way how are the angels looking? The HLLE getting any better.

Yeah my skimmer is over skimming now. Ive been soaking with the angelixer every other day. I think that I'm going to stop using it and see if that is what is causing the issue. I didnt do a water change the last 2 weeks due to weekend conflicts so maybe it will help. Ive never noticed an issue with my skimmer with my normal weekly water change.

I havent noticed any change with the emperor his face still looks really bad. He is still showing some fin deterioration. The Blue is looking a little better but I think it may take quite a while to recover fully.

The other thing that I noticed this morning, I have a bad surface film going right now. I'm thinking its due to my skimmer not working correctly. Its just issue after issue right now.

Its just issue after issue right now.

I know how you feel. Right now my skimmers working great. Last week it wasn't foaming at all and I was ready to trash it I was so frustrated. Next week it'll probably be over-skimming. Sometimes I think its just me and the more I mess with it the worse it gets, so I decided to just leave well enough alone and stop fiddling with a bunch of minor adjustments. Will be curious to see if it balances out after stopping the AngeLixir, but I can't see how a few drops of food soak is such a large system could have caused that much trouble.

I don't think they are gonna school for you, probably just gonna fight among themselves. The Chromis are not as aggressive as Damsels are, that's why I mentioned them.

I think your right, I just realized the size could be up to 6" on the velvet damsel. Are there any color variations on the chromis that might be a little more rare? The blue/green seems to be the most common.

Check out chromis on Live Aquaria, they have many variations to chose from. Like the Blue Reef Chromis. I just got the blue/green cause my LFS always has them, and they do have a nice shimmer.

My skimmer finally settled down, I had to reduce the flow a little going through it. I think I'm still going to do a large water change though. I'll give the Angelixer another shot and see what it does.

Is that a dog face puffer in your tank? I wish I had the size to have one of those! Your tank looks great and Im following along as well. Also I know you are working through your skimmer issue but I just wanted to throw out a thumbs up for Reef Octopus if you every buy another one. I love mine.

Yep there it is a dogface puffer. He eats like a pig!

I know everyone likes reef octopus but I'm thinking about the 48" LifeReef. It seems like a very simple design and its been proven as well. Then in the future I'll be able to upgrade it without much cost!

I don't know what caused the skimmer to go crazy!?! But all is well and I am soaking my food in the angelixer for the past couple of days with no issues. Hopefully this will help my emperor heal.

Stand build pics! Almost done... The wood on the top of the stand is for the doors.

Attachments

• TANK 063.jpg
    TANK 063.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 315
  • TANK 064.jpg
    TANK 064.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 341
  • TANK 065.jpg
    TANK 065.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 324
I guess this morning I scared the crap out of my dogface puffer by turning on the lights. Finally got to see him puffed up, I didnt have the camera handy or there would be pics. So weird watching it go down...

Back