khan's 90 gallon reef buils

the stand is complete...bought all the pipes yesterday and the pump...hope to dryfit the plumbing today and then cement it.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwMjI4LTAwMTM5LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwMzAzLTAwMTUxLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwMzAzLTAwMTQ5LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwMzAzLTAwMTUwLmpwZw.jpg

the protein skimmer arrived today and I was finally able to complete the plumbing scheme....

Should i run water before i cement them or after?

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwMzA2LTAwMTUzLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwMzA2LTAwMTU0LmpwZw.jpg

I cemented them this evening....hopefully the should be good to go by tomorrow night.

The stench was awful...should have worn some kind of mask..

I started on February 15th...took me almost 3 weeks to get this far...I did mostly work on weekends only though..but this project has been really fun so far...

Since this tank is almost complete and I am ready to move the livestock/live rock/live sand from my other 30 gallon.

Currently I have:
40 lbs live sand
35 lbs of live rock
27-29 gallon water (estimate)

Is the shopping list below sufficient to get me started?
60 lbs of regular sand
50 lbs of dry rock
85 gallon of new salt water

I was finally able to fix all the leaks and run the water through the entire system....there has been no leaks after 12 hours so hopefully it stays that way. I am going to be making the entire DT water in the tank itself and adding the water from my current 30 gallon to the sump....and then adding pre-washed sand in the very end.

Making the water separately for a 90 gallon seems like a lot of headache.

I began the aquascaping yesterday...still playing with it...any ideas?

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwMzE5LTAwMTc0LmpwZw.jpg

Looking good! I can't tell in the pic but make sure you have enough room to get a magfloat by the rocks to clean the glass. Depending on the type of fish you want to keep----making caves and swim through holes for the fish is benficial but it also allows water to flow through your rocks easier as well. Ultimately, aquascape to your eye because you are the one that is going to be looking at it all the time.

Back