khan's 90 gallon reef buils

I installed the protein skimmer today and the RKL....things making bubbles like crazy

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwNDAxLTAwMTg5LmpwZw.jpg

Looks good! Other than the possibility of heat transfer through the glass the light is sitting on I don't see a problem since both sides of the sump are open. If you do see it becomes a problem I would try to suspend the light and remove the glass.

Looks good! Other than the possibility of heat transfer through the glass the light is sitting on I don't see a problem since both sides of the sump are open. If you do see it becomes a problem I would try to suspend the light and remove the glass.

which LED lighting do you have for your 90 gallon and how much of a dent did they put in your pocket?

Installed the DA float switch for my ATO and its working like a charm...now i can see how much water is evaporating exactly! plus my skimmer is working better with the stable water level in the sump....I love it.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwNDEwLTAwMjEzLmpwZw.jpg

Is the cycle over? If it is, and you have sufficient lights, I'd say go for it lol. Go for frogspawns! They are really cool :)

i avoided a cycle luckily :) ...I upgraded from a 30 gallon to a 90 gallon..I got 4 clowns, 1 wrasse, 1 YT damsel, 1 Goby in there right now...and some feather dusters that came for free with live rocks...

Done have sufficient lighting...I placed my order for reefbreeders LED today so waiting on those for now.

I'd get rid of the damsel if I was you. They are pretty damn aggressive once they establish their own territory. And yeah, I got my lights like 2-3 weeks ago. Got 3 Colonies, and 3 frags right now :)

I cant part with the damsel...she is the pioneer of the tank and my first salt fish ever....she is a survivor!

plus she is the smallest in size so doesn't try to terrorize others :D

you got reefbreeders too?

got one AI Vega light today along with the controller.

I am planning on having one AI Vega and maybe a reefbreeder24/kessil A360...can't decide...any ideas?

i opted to mount the light my self instead of buying the ridicuosly expensive kit AI sells. The shelf bracket, drywall anchors and #10-32 screws cost me just $15!!!

can't decide if i should hang it or fix it to the shelf bracket.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwNDEzLTAwMjM1LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwNDEzLTAwMjM0LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwNDEzLTAwMjMyLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwNDEzLTAwMjMzLmpwZw.jpg

Thanks...both the pair are doing well....i couldn't wait and added a RBTA that had split in a local reefer's aquarium...lets see who hosts it.

Back