Killing Mojano

drm180

Reefing newb
I've tried to kill this mojano twice now with Aiptasia X. It looks like its working but then a couple days later and anemone opens back up. It doesn't really implode, it just skrinks back. Maybe I could siphon it with airline tubing? I just don't want to hurt the zoas around it. Here's a picture of it opened back up today.
_DSC0001.jpg

You should be able to kill it with Aiptasia-X. Maybe you're not feeding enough of the stuff to it. You can gently brush the Zoas so that they will close and then douse that sucker.

Invertibrate means that something doesn't have vertibrae, making up a spine. Corals don't have a spine so they are invertibrates.

I would douse the area with apstasia X, if two or three zoas get hurt, it will still be better than the majano spreading. Smother the majano with the stuff.

I have an aptasia/majano problem. Every 2 weeks I kill all I can see but they come back in a couple weeks. There are a couple big ones that don't seem to die. I finally got one for sure after 3 tries. You have to go really slow and load them up with the aptasia-x. If you squirt it in too fast they close up before you get enough on them. Good luck with it! Also just maybe throw this in (not trying to hijack your thread) But some guy here is selling aptasia eating nudibranch 1-$15...I have no idea if they work well, but I'm thinking of giving it a shot, you might look into that.

Oh, and those are great looking zoas! I'm going to look for some similar around here. I want to have a ton of dif colors I really like zoas.

i have tried to kill ones in my tank and i have done it to them over 8 times and they are still alive, one trick a person told me is taking boiling hot lemon water and with a serenge inject into the body of it. i guess it can work but the thing about these little annenomys is that they have little eggs of more babys in there stalk and killing them that way can relise the eggs into the water stream. the reason that aptasia x does not do this is because it is highly concentrated kalkwasser and if it killed my aptasias, wich i wish it did, it would kill the eggs as well, when the boiling hot lemon juice may not kill them.

cottonwood probably has the best idea about the nudibranches, they should take care of aptasias, but that is all they eat, they eat nothing else, so after all the aptesias are gone then they will die, so the best thing to do would be to give them to youre lfs so they can fix someone elses problem :)

Kwater - How big are the nudibranches? They look small and if they get lost in my rock work and die after eating all the aptasias would it cause a problems? I've never seen one, just in pictures.

They had some a couple months ago at my LFS... they were pretty tiny. I'd say 3/4" tops. They had them in a breeder in a tank covered in aiptasia. He said they let them out at night and rounded them up again the morning...

I spent about $200 on them once when I had a real problem. They are EXPENSIVE to say the least. I had so many Aiptasia - big, medium and small ones. Tons of them. Once I put the nudibranches into the tank I never saw them (the nudibranches) again. Not one. I studied the tank for hours everyday trying to see if I could find just one doing its job. Never saw a single one.

I got mine here:

The Aiptasia eating Berghia Nudibranch & Live Corals for sale

I don't get to go to my LFS often since it's nearly two hours away so I don't want to get something that I will almost surely kill. I did give it more Aiptasia X and did it slowly this time. Still didn't do that popping thing like is on the Aiptasia X video but it looks like its working better. Thanks Cottonwood. Zoas are one of my favorite corals and you can have so many types without them bothering eachother.

Kwater - How big are the nudibranches? They look small and if they get lost in my rock work and die after eating all the aptasias would it cause a problems? I've never seen one, just in pictures.

yah sadly they will prob die after the aptasias are gone, and maby even before if you have very few aptasias because they might not be able to find them. they are really good for tanks over run with aptasias but tanks with mild aptasias they will prob wipe out some of them but will in the end die most likly leaving a couple behind :(. and if you only had a couple to start with, them they might not get you too far, but they are worth a shot :)

Back