KIMOY'S tank build thread....finally

kimoy

CERTIFIED BUM
Ok guys I have a 30 gal acrylic tank by seaclear sitting in my garrage for over a year now and been thinking about setting it up for quite sometime now. I currently have a 120 mixed reef and a 20 softies/anemone. I am going to set up ym 30 and move everything in the 20 to the 30. the new tank is not RR and needs to be drilled. I am planning on a durso type ovrflow and a return. I am not sure how big the holes is going to be as of this momment but thinking of a 1 inch overflow and 3/4 return. the sump will be a tidepool and will be running some media on the 3 trays (don't know what yet but I need ideas on what media to run). I am not sure yet about the skimmer part. lighting will be 4 T5 HO with individual reflectors. I will post pics as soon as I upload it. Any thoughts/ideas/comments/critics are most appreciated.

If your 120 is anything to go by then I'm sure the 30 is going to look great too.

I actually like the ole' tidepool.I used one on my old 75g.,filterfloss in tray one and carbon in the second,ran one week a month.I also took out the biowheel from fear of accumulating nitrates.All in all,super easy to clean and replace media.

I forgot about the biowheel, I am going to remove it and replace it with something else maybe some LR or I might put some chaeto and light down there but not set on it yet except for the biowheel removal.

I actually filled that area where the wheel was with a DSB and rock rubble on top.I made a drip tray so water didn't pour down on the rocks and sand.I'm not sure if it did anything,my guess is it worked because the 75 had no trace of nitrates for nearly a year.

Back