Kizmar's 120 gal

Here are some pics of the new red Rock Anemone I picked up at the Michigan Coral Expo from Tropicorium. The guy that breeds these talked about the process before the expo opened. They have some really sweet looking anemones.

I tried to adjust these photos to get closest to the actual color this thing is, but they hardly do him justice, especially under blues. Blue lights make this thing look like a little ball of flame.

I'm enjoying this little guy so far. They respond to mysis VERY quickly - more so than I've seen any of my other corals eat.

Acclimating in the container they sold them in...
photo1_zps68ef4b21.jpg

Just placed in the tank...
photo2_zps9b68253f.jpg

This is where he chose to plant himself...
photo4_zps35f07b06.jpg

New refugium bin

Since I wasn't able to pump as much water as I wanted to into my refugium bin without it overflowing, I decided to build a new one. I kind of half-assed the first one anyway, because I didn't know what to expect.

Here's the new bin all ready to go (made from schedule 40 PVC and a Rubbermaid Roughneck tote):
IMG_3893_zps765430d9.jpg

I built this one with side supports so the bin wouldn't flex as much, but the last one didn't appear to be stressed from the flexing at all.
IMG_3894_zps3cbb320a.jpg

The inside... I'm going to end up having to re-build the frag rack, but you get the idea:
IMG_3895_zps7e955e1a.jpg

I used [some plumbing piece that I can't remember the name of] instead of a bulkhead because they had this handy threaded open cap that I used to hold plastic netting to keep critters from taking a water slide into the main part of the sump:
IMG_3896_zps5f779649.jpg

...and here it is in use... you can't see it in this picture very well, but this setup is sitting inside a 100 gallon Rubbermaid [what ever they're called].
IMG_3905_zps59187764.jpg

Close up of the frag rack and overflow drains:
IMG_3906_zpsd6a1fd50.jpg

There's a large chaeto clump that sits under that frag rack, then I have a small powerhead circulating water towards to bottom of the bin.

That turned out pretty sweet! :D

How's that nem doing? That thing is awesome.

If you are referring to the RBTA further up the thread, it's no longer ...alive. I've had three failed attempts at keeping BTA's and I'm going to wait until I have the system in place to keep the kH, calcium and mag steady. I'm about to start with a small amount of kalk in my ATO (very small amount) and see where that gets me.

That said, if you're referring to the Rock Anemone(s), they're doing awesome. So you saw the pic of the first redish/orange-ish rock nem. I also picked up a green one that's ultra yellow under actinic lighting: (this video is regular lighting, I don't have the proper filter to get true color under blue lighting)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoALSlTiVuQ&feature=youtube_gdata]Kizmar's Reef : Rock anemone eating - YouTube[/ame]

My new fish...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkrfdw3Zz2Q&feature=youtube_gdata]Kizmar's Reef : Male Lyretail Anthias - YouTube[/ame]

More pictures...

Updated full tank photo:

IMG_3916_zps32d0068a.jpg

Kinda blurry, but here's the newest fish; a Male Lyretail Anthias. I didn't notice he has all blue outlined fins until I got home with him. Really cool looking fish.

IMG_3914_zpsc1367ba1.jpg

The green Rock Anemone from Tropicorium:

IMG_3910_zpsf13843d4.jpg

Back