Kole tang/ live rock

mbrew

Reefing newb
So here's the deal my kole tang has these white blemishes on his fins, he's eating acting normal, but I'm scared for him. They have been there 2 days, Lfs told me it was prolly scabs, fins healing from scrapes on rock ect. But I came home last night and started noticing little white spots on some of my live rock and on rocks not on my coral (yet) idk what it is. I can email pics from my phone but cant post em here :-/

Sounds like either fin rot or ich on the fish. As long as he is still eating he should recover fine. he will do better if he is in the 90 gal though. Also what ever is on your tank wont transfer to the rocks. The white spots are likely pineapple sponges which are harmless filter feeders

Ya good deal I really like him and he has a personality bit shy but he's starting to warm up to me lol. It's kind of sad that I'm more worried about a rock and a fishes health more than my own lol

Generally, as long as the reason he got stressed enough to come down with it has been removed, which it sounds like it is.

It can be more stressful to remove them and treat, which is why we usually recommend you let them fight it on their own.

Back