Koralia 2

Toolman

RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH
I have this in my 29 gallon Should it run 24 x7 or should I put in on a timer so everybody can rest at night? The JBJ also has this crazy wave maker that shift the dishcharge pumps but I keep them both on for better flow. My reason for asking is because whin the daytime lights come on I do a fish count and sometimes someone does not make roll call. Someone suggested the fish are hiding in rocks and getting stuck is that because they go in deeper to hide from the flow? :question:

You shouldn't have to turn your wavemakers off at night, on a reef the waves don't stop or lessen at night. So the fish should be ok with them on. In their natural enviroment they'll hide in the rocks for protection and ts probably the same in your tank. My fish does the same, hides at night and never comes right out when the lights come on. They probably just need sometime to wake up.
As far as wavemakers, there are actually two different kinds one that actually shuts off power to the pump when it switches and the other that just turns down the power. The one that comes with the JBJ shuts off power to one o the pumps while running the other. The reason it doesn't work well with the Koralias is because their not made to be constantly shutting off and turning back on.

You shouldn't have to turn your wavemakers off at night, on a reef the waves don't stop or lessen at night. So the fish should be ok with them on. In their natural enviroment they'll hide in the rocks for protection and ts probably the same in your tank. My fish does the same, hides at night and never comes right out when the lights come on. They probably just need sometime to wake up.
As far as wavemakers, there are actually two different kinds one that actually shuts off power to the pump when it switches and the other that just turns down the power. The one that comes with the JBJ shuts off power to one o the pumps while running the other. The reason it doesn't work well with the Koralias is because their not made to be constantly shutting off and turning back on.
Yes my JBJ alternates depending on how I set the timer I run them both because it pulls more water thru the floss I wa sgoing to put the koralia on the same timer I have the lights on just to calm the movement at night.

I have 2 K-2s in my 29 long and I'd say it's perfect flow.

Don't turn your powerheads off at night, there's no reason. Your water needs circulation, so keep them on.

I have two K2's in my 30g (3ft long tank) and don't think it's too much flow, and it's only 6" longer than a 29. I think two K1's might be better for a 29 though.

Back