koralia 240 seems stronger than the 425?

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
I bought two koralia 240s for the ten gallon but only had to use one so I put the other in the 29g. I put my hand in front of the 240, then the 425 and the 240 feels way stronger. Over time do powerheads loose their power? Is it bc of gunk built up on the little blades? Maybe I should take them out and give them a cleaning. I've been noticing that the tank doesn't seem like it has as much flow as it used to. I knew I wasn't going crazy lol

I give mine a good soak in vinegar, get a hardbristle toothbruth on the job, take the impeller out and all, seems to work good for me!

Oh man I am way over due then. I haven't cleaned them since I got them. Looks like I know what I'm doIng tomorrow.

I put mine in a 5 gallon bucket with RO water and vinegar and let them run for about an hour, then I clean them with a tooth brush, take the cage off, and let them run for a couple of hours. Then I clean them with a brush under hot water and they come out looking brand new.

I also take the impeller off and clean the shaft. ( I have koralia evolutions ), sketchy part is the tap hot water... But I dry them before they go back into the tank so I guess it's ok.

Back