Koralia Evo question

Bifferwine

I am a girl
I have three Koralia Evos on my tank; they are new, as I've only had them for about a month or so. Tonight I came home from a movie and one of them was working normally, but the other two were working in reverse (sucking from where they should be blowing). I took them apart, put them back together again, and after a few tries of doing that, they started blowing from where they should. I'm confused. What is happening?

From that thread, this seems like a very common problem. That sucks! AND if this is such a widespread problem that has been going on for so long, why didn't they recall all their powerheads and fix them? Instead they still allowed them to be sold? I don't know how long my powerheads were running backwards, but if it had been for a good amount of time, it could have killed stuff in my tank!

It's funny, because I don't use a timer or wavemaker and the power did not go off (I thought that maybe they would start up backwards if they had been turned off). That's why I was so confused!! I will give that stuff a shot. Thanks.

Last edited:
I have their older K1's. Same thing happens to me sometimes when I shut them off to do a water change. One of them almost always starts up backwards. I just go and unplug it then replug it to get it going the right way. Also dont have them on a wave maker. But good thing they have a fix for them. AND they are sending it out for free.

Back