Koralia Nano's Or Koralia 1's

Hey all i was at the LFS today and was checkin out some powerheads for my 29g, the guy said to have about 20x turnover rate, in my case about 600gph, im gonna go with the Koralia's just b/c everyone says they are by far one of the best, but im undecided on size, should i go with 2 nano's(~480gph) or just get the 1's(~800gph) is that too big a jump?? I dont want to have white squalls in my tank...Thanks once again!!!

ill agree with piggy, you dont have too much flow until your sand wont stay on the bottom so if you add the ones and you dont have sand blowing around then your just fin

I have a BC29 with a koralia 1. The nano is not enough. You may wish to consider a koralia 2 although for more delicate livestock that don't like flow (such as feather dusters) the 2 might be too much. I took out the stock BC29 pump and put in a Rio 6hf at 365Gph with 2 nozzles and I still have to blast detritus off the rocks with a turkey baster.

BTW, you may know this but the koralia is not really a pump its more like a fan that just creates flow.

k4 which is about x40 which to me = healthy tank if it wont stir the sand around. I never tried it on a tank this small but in theory it sounds pretty sweet. would a k4work? take up too much space?

Last edited:
I like the K1, I have it in a 35g hex with a mag5 return pump . I also used a maxi 4oo with it, but moved that into my fuge. I am going to add another k1 soon for a little more flow.
Anything bigger then the k1 will be huge in that size tank IMO. I had trouble trying to hide the one I have now.

My K1 is in the back corner near the bottom and it is directed to create flow coming from under the rocks. It works well to prevent detritus traps. I have 2 loc-lines coming from my Rio 6hf pump one of which has a rotating spout.

2 k1's in the 29g would be good. one k4 would be a chaos, better go bare bottom if you do that.
4 k4's in the 125 would be sweet.

Back