Korallia Users?

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
I know we have a bunch of Korailia users on this board (all boards I imagine) Do you use the nozzles on them or is it better to go without? I had to get a couple of K4's to supplement my closed loop (CL's SUCK btw) as I was having a hard time keeping larger colonies of SPS alive due to lack of flow in the center of them.

I have never used the flow director on any of my koralias. I like the disperesed flow better than the directed flow.

I've got 3 with the nozzles on em and 3 without em.
Just depends on where I'm putting the pump and how broad the flow needs to be there.

The nozzles will not only direct flow, but prevent your fish from going into the powerhead when they are turned off, like during feeding. The fish would get pretty chopped up when you turn the powerhead back on, lol.

I have some without because they didn't come with it. Plus I have some with. So I placed them where I needed different types of flow.

I took mine off and really didnt notice a big difference, I put one K4 on each end of the tank aimed at each other. Great product, I really wish that I would have gone powerheads instead of closed loop...oh well next time I know.

Back