Koran angel, copperband butterfly, yellow tang, etc

JAG107

Reef enthusiast
moretankpics9-01-08004.JPG

moretankpics9-01-08003.JPG

moretankpics9-01-08002.JPG

Cheers all! :Cheers:

That's a fuzzy dwarf, no way would I risk putting a volitan in the reef. Right now I'm slightly concerned for the yellow clown goby, we'll see what happens I guess. Also I can't find the red coris wrasse since I did all the changes yesterday, hopefully he's ok in there somewhere

Thanks Yote! Great news-- came home from work, Mr. Coris wrasse is cruising around happy as ever. The bad news today though is it looks like my euphyllia cristata has taken a turn for the worse, I'm not expecting it to last much longer. I've had it for over a year and fragged 2 of the polyps out, now the main colony of 12 polyps is crashing, bummer.

wait ....a copperban butterfly is REEF SAFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME THIS

Copperband butterflys have been known to nip at lps corals and clams I believe. And also with a koran in there pretty much all zoanthid corals and lps and clams are completely out of the question. And don't red coris wrasses eat shrimp and snails?

I like all the livestock. Lookin good. Hopefully you have future plans for a tank upgrade.

JCE,Copperbands are a lot like mandrines.They tend to do great in tanks that have a lot of aiptasia.I think thats the key to keeping them long term.

The Coris wrasse is still a pretty small juvenile, maybe 1 1/2" or 2", and he doesn't seem to bother anyone, there's plenty of turbo snails that are doing fine as well as little nassarius snails. The only shrimp I have right now is a coral banded, and I'm not really in the market for any more b/c I think the dwarf lion would eat them pretty quickly. I don't have any zoos or LPS besides the euphyllia, and the koran doesn't bother it at all.
I don't know if I'll upgrade the tank, if I do it's a long ways away!

Back