koran angel problems??????

Justinb2188

Reefing newb
ok so i noticed today that he is digging his head into the sand like sliding it. so i think its ick but i dont have any tangs only a clownfish and a banded coral shrimp. he also has like a grey tint to his body looks like danger????

p.s. he is eating very good

ok so i noticed today that he is digging his head into the sand like sliding it. so i think its ick but i dont have any tangs only a clownfish and a banded coral shrimp. he also has like a grey tint to his body looks like danger????

p.s. he is eating very good
Not sure what this has to do with anything,but just keep an eye on him ,,,,his colors are fading likely due to stress...which will then lead to ich outbreaks...feed,feed,feed..
does he look like this...This koran is very stressed

Attachments

• 1000x500px-LL-9b03561a_angelloosingcolor01.jpg
    1000x500px-LL-9b03561a_angelloosingcolor01.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 559
Correct,if hes starting to look like this now,its not a good sign...i would try and reduce the stress level as much as possible...low lights maybe even none ,make sure he has a cave to himself,nobody is bullying him are they?

Good rule of thumb...don't buy fish and then get a bigger tank....Get a bigger tank and then buy fish. As you can see, there's no guarantee that the fish is going to survive in the small tank to make it to the bigger tank. Kind of a waste of money and a fish.

He does need a bigger tank,with that said,
..Is it possible to lower your salinity also...believe it or not lower salinity helps fish breathe better and get more oxygen and tends to keep them calmer...Personally i keep my tanks at 1.020

I would reccomend getting some garlic soaked nori and putting it on a clip in the tank too. Koran angels love seaweed and it is really good for their immune system. I really hope you can pull this beautiful fish out of harms way.

They're also not reefsafe.
thats not exactly true you just have to get the balls up to risk it like me :) but each individual can be different :D

Back