lack of Zoa growth

Ryan708

Reefing newb
I have a 29g biocube (newer style) with thriving kenya tree, plate and branch montipora, duncan LPS, pulsing xenia and green star polyp, all growing fast. I have a few types of zoa's that seem nice and healthy but just don't propogate. Curios what they might be needing.
1.024sg
25.6deg. C
0 everything except a trace of phos that barely shows on the test.
I use a 2 part nano reef supplement from kent marine and do reg weekly water changes, and have the factory lighting, one 5600k and one actinic
THANKS!

Water might be a little too clean perhaps? I know they are listed as easy but I can only seem to get the ugly ones to grow in my tank lol

Yeah my digital controller is only in celcius sorry. Do zoa's like "dirty" water? They have spread out and attached to their surroundings but just don't multiply. They also seem to like indirect light more than direct.

Different Zoas like different lighting. I've had better luck with lower light types. Have you tried to feed them? They shouldn't need to be fed but it may help them start to spread.

1+ Kelz88 & aquarian

Also, other factors in zoa growth:

1. Feed them!
  2. There are high light and low light zoas. Too much light on certain zoas will kill them. CORAL mag said blue zoas do better under lower lighting
  3. Other corals may sting them

Back