LaFleurs 120 gallon project...

sicklids

salt water dummy
FYI those priszm skimmers are junk for the price you pay for them so are the seaclones they will work but not for a pred tank. or a tank that size

Dude for an extra 50 bones you can get a great skimmer in the Octopus NW200 that should be more along the lines of what you should need/want. Predator fish are dirty messy creatures. Skimmers are one area that shouldnt be skimped especially in a pred tank.

Many people buy SeaClones or Prizms only to find out firsthand that they just don't cut it, then they have to spend that same amount of money all over again to get a decent skimmer. The Octopus brand is great for the price. I'm running an Octopus skimmer on my 240 and have nothing but praise.

here are my inhabitants so far, will bringing home the 120 in a week or so.

sw001.jpg

sw004.jpg

sw006.jpg

sw007.jpg

sw008.jpg

sw009.jpg

and a couple of tank shots for the fun of it.
sw003.jpg

and a night time shot.
sw005.jpg

Man I had to take two. At first it looked like there was a ferret in the tank. lol Things are looking good.

Those Dogface puffers are cool.Theres one at the LFS that aint nothing but a big pet.When its feeding time,he'll spit water at you untill you drop the food right into his mouth.Then when he's full,he likes to have his nose scratched.And he'll spit water till he gets it scratched.

Frozen krill is not a bad food. Basically, food that comes from the ocean (not freshwater stuff) will be better for them. And frozen is better than freeze dried.

alright, you got me talking my other hobby now, im not sure how many i got now, but i got a dragon that covers one arm, medicine wheel on my back, half a sleeve on the other arm, tree man and wolf head on either side of my chest, koi on my lower right forearm, and on the back side of the same arm i have a foo dog with a geisha and her head severed off while she holds the sword. kinda crazy!!! oh, and a rooster on my leg.

sicklids put some pics up the Show your ink thread. Its in the top 10 viewed at the bottom of the forums screen.

Back