Large Rose Bubble tip just split ?

Lesely

Reefing newb
I have a BTA (about the size of a dinner plate). got up this morning and its split. Each half is about 3 cm apart now. Is this normal ? I was looking at selling it anyway cause it was too big. I suppose I can sell 2 now. Does it need any special care etc or will it just keep going on its own ?

If ya wanna see it split again, do a major water change, lol. Every time I do a 10 gallon on the Red Sea 130 ours split, pisses me off to no end. :mad: I was down to 4, by morning I'll have 5.

lol

yeah, ours split a month or so ago. I'd like to sell the smaller one but it took off behind the rocks where I cannot get to it lol.

I could, but I'd like to give it a few weeks to heal up. I know they're tough critters, I just don't wanna test HOW tough they are.

Great job on the split, this is how they multiple-or one way. There is so little actually known about anemone's but spliting to multiply is one of the things we do know. Sounds like others have had great success as well, in all my yeas i have not been so lucky.

Oh my GBTA just split this weekend only it used the intake tube to do it now there is about six smaller GBTA.:confused::mad::(

Great job on the split, this is how they multiple-or one way. There is so little actually known about anemone's but splitting to multiply is one of the things we do know. Sounds like others have had great success as well, in all my yeas i have not been so lucky.

When we bought the first 130D the guy had in the ad 2 clowns and several anemones. So we get out there and there are several, 8, GBTAs in a 130 litre tank. So we get it home, I saved as much water as I could, 20 gallons and did a large change on my tank and used that water. Fast forward a day and there are 11 GBTAs in the tank. Now I'm down to 4.

I really want to try my hand at ritteris, I have 4 from the Red Sea in the holding tank in the shop. They seem to be quite happy about where they are because they're not moving at all. There is a theory that they are responding to environmental stimuli to make sure that one makes it during an adverse event. I tend to agree with them because every time I do a 10 gallon water change on her tank I might as well figure that I'm going to have 1 or more split within the week.

Back