Larger Tank

Tetra1

Reefing newb
Just wanted to let everyone know, that my 30 gallon tank is going real well. Here is some new news, I happened to fall into a hell of a deal and am now getting a 125 gallon aquarium fully loaded with live rock and etc. I cannot wait for everyone to check it out when I get it set up.

:bounce::^::Cheers::D

Well, here's the short and long of it. We were going to be getting a 90 gallon corner oceanic aquarium. Then I saw an ad for this 125 gallon. I was going to have to get all new items for the 90 gallon, buy live rock, get a new sump and etc. So, for one hundred dollars more I could get the 125 gallon, fully loaded, fully cycled live rock, live sand, salt, the stand, and etc. I just could not pass the deal up. In the end, it cost me 250 dollars. It is all good. We are going to be picking it up Friday I think, and then I'll post pictures! I am soooooo excited!

The tank came with everything. We went to look at the tank and it was beautiful. The live rock had red coraline algae all over it, the tanks features were all in real good shape, the live sand was obviously sifted and well taken care of it was pristine, no algae except for good algae for the tang in the tank, and no apistasia. Apparently we are getting the fish too and all inhabitants we'll see on Saturday. The fish that were in the tank currently are a foxface, a yellow tang, a cinnamon clownfish, and I can't remember the other one. There was also a very large brittle starfish too. Next part of the game plan is how to transport it all. Any suggestions are welcomed.

try to keep atleast 30% of the tank water and if you are planning on keeping the sand clean it WELL in the remaining tank water. I would personally just chuck it and replace it with new sand. Luckily you have a tank set up already so you have a refuge if the new tank has a mini cycle.

It's ALOT of work to move a tank so try and wrangle a couple buddies into it :D

Back