Last question for a while. One Spot FoxFace

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Okay, I've had my OSFF for a while now. His is fine but he does do something I find strange. I'm wondering if this is common behavior.

He constantly goes to the surface, gets air, swims down and blows it out of his gills. He has done this for as long as I have had him. He did have Ick back during my Cyano outbreak a few months ago but it was only slight and I have seen no evidence of it in my tank since then. (yes, I know you can never rid the tank of it.) I just find it odd that he gulps air.

Lots of flow. Returns and around 3200 gph of power heads. He doesn't do it all of the time. It's just not uncommon to see him doing it. just wondering about him that's all.

Saw a different type of Rabbitfish doing this at the fish store the other day. Unfortunately I'm not sure if its good or bad.

I had a Mag FF for about two years and he would always do that too. I never knew why but I thought it was funny in an odd way.

My scribbled rabbitfish does it all the time. Healthy as can be. I think he is trying to skim the surface of the water for food. jm2c.

No fish expert, but when a person takes in air to blow their nose, theres something in their nose. Maybe the Foxface has something in its gills that it wants to get out.

Back