lawnmower blenny didnt make it

Kenny G

Reefing newb
I drip acclimated this guy Fri. afternoon for an hour. He was looking good but still shy Sat. staying in the rocks. I did a 4 gal water change Sat. nite and then Sun morn he was dead. Probably should have waited on the water change. params look good but is this PH too high? 8.4 Salinity 30 Amm. 0

Your PH is fine. You salinity is high if you're at 1.030. Your tank should be at 1.024-1.026.

Why is the salinity so high?

I'm not sure why the salinity is high unless I haven't kept the evaporation in check. Most of the time I top it off with fresh water. Looking back at my maintanace log it has always been 30 +. Should I use fresh water to bring it down?

EDIT..

Ok...well, that changes things a bit..Now your salinity is a little low..(but not harmful)...slowly raise it up to 1.026 over a period of time. Don't try to do it in a day or two...maybe a couple of weeks, with water changes. etc.

Ok PRC I will work on that. Not sure how he was eating at the lfs. I will go talk to them tomorrow. Not that I expect much help from those guys. Their store is awesome but the attitude is so thick , you can cut it with a knife. I might try another LB later. I have been wanting one for a while. So I was disappointed this morning. They just look cool to me.

Im sorry about your LB, but i agree sometimes these things just happen :(

But an easy way to get your salinity yp is to top off with saltwater, until you are up to 35pmm or 1.026

Back